Lakeland, Fla. – Lynn University's women's cross country team came in fourth place at the Moccasins Invitational hosted by Florida Southern. Thalie Carmigniani again had the best finish for the Fighting Knights after coming in 15th place running a time of 22:02.10.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla
Race Length: 5K - 3.1 miles
History at Event: 2nd appearance (best finish: 8th- 2015)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Thalie Carmigniani had the fastest run of the day for the Blue & White when she came in 15th place.
- Freshman Courtney Morin finished in 19th clocking in at 22:19.30.
- Ft. Langley, British Colombia, Canada native Breanne Dejong placed 23rd after running a 22:42.10 time.
- Not far behind her was Daniela Papadakis who ended in 28th place with a time of 23:53.10.
- Meadow Noonan clocked in a time of 25:21.90 for 34th place.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Thalie Carmigniani has had the best finish for the Fighting Knights in every race she has ever ran in.
- Breanne Dejong and Daniela Papadakis both set their personal best times at the Moccasins Invitational.
The Blue & White now prepare for the Disney Cross Country Invitational in Kissimmee, Fla. at the ESPN Wide World of Sports with the race set to begin at 8:00 a.m. Fans can keep up with the action at LynnFightingKnights.com.