Melbourne, Fla. – Lynn University's cross country team put together its best individual performances of the season placing seventh at the Sunshine State Conference Championships hosted by Florida Tech in Melbourne, Fla. on Saturday morning. This race was the first 6K of the season, where every runner who competed for the Blue & White set personal-record times, with the second, sixth and tenth fastest 6K times in program history were ran.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Wickham Park | Melbourne, Fla.
Race Length: 6K - 3.73 miles
History at Tournament: 5th appearance (best finish: 6th- 2013 and 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Saint Leo (28 points) took home the SSC Championship gold followed by Tampa (55 points), Florida Southern (102 points), Palm Beach Atlantic (105 points), Florida Tech (121 points), Nova Southeastern (132 points), Lynn (172) and Rollins (260 points).
- Thalie Carmigniani set the pace for the Fighting Knights when she placed 17th after crossing the finish line with a time 22:43.50.
- Natalie Beck ended in 29th place after running a 23:08.12.
- Running the third fastest time of the day was Sydney Parks, who clocked in at 24:11.68.
- Courtney Morin and Breanne de Jong were three-seconds apart with times of 24:48.56 and 24:51.61.
- Daniela Papadakis shredded eight minutes off her previous 6K PR time, set at last year's SSC Championships, as she ran a 25:19.19.
- Meadow Noonan finished with a time of 27:21.70, Mandi Cohen 31:21.47 and Flucindia Supreme set a time of 35:14.03.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Three runners; Thalie Carmigniani, Natalie Beck and Sydney Parks ran times that now rank in the top-10 all-time in Lynn history.
- These times were headlined by Thalie Carmigniani notching the second fastest time in the program's short history. Her time was just seven-seconds shy of Gabriella Wuyke's time she set at the 2013 SSC Championships when she ran a 22:35.
- Etching her place next in Lynn's record books was Natalie Beck, who now holds the 6th fastest time in school history.
- Rounding off the top-10 is Sydney Parks, who now holds the 10th fastest 6K time since the program's return in 2012.
- This race was the first of the season for Mandi Cohen.
- Every runner set a 6K personal-best time.
The Fighting Knights now bring the most runners to the NCAA South Regional in program history when they head to SSC member Saint Leo. The race is set to begin at 11:00 am at The Abbey Course.