Saint Leo, Fla. – For the first time in the program's short history the Lynn University's women's cross country program competed as a team at a NCAA Regional event, placing 16th on Saturday morning in Saint Leo, Fla. Thalie Carmigniani once again paced the Fighting Knights, coming in 41st out of 122 runners.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: The Abbey Course | Saint Leo, Fla.
Race Length: 6K - 3.73 miles
History at Tournament: 1st ever team appearance, (best individual finish: 3rd- 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The three teams advancing out of the South region to the NCAA National Championship include Puerto-Rico Rio Piedras (75 points), Saint Leo (95) and Lee (Tenn.) (118). Individuals Camryn Rickenbach (Palm Beach Atlantic), Cecelia David (West Alabama) and Tyra Holloway (Valdosta State) also move on to the finals by posting the top-three times not from the medaling teams.
- Carmigniani had the best run of the day for the Fighting Knights when she placed in 41st with a time of 24:18.64.
- Next to cross the finish line was Natalie Beck who clocked in at 25:53.21, good for 89th place.
- For the second consecutive race Sydney Parks ran the third-fastest Fighting Knight time after running a 26:32.22, putting her in 97th place.
- Courtney Morin finished with a time of 28:04.80, Breanne Dejong 29:41.81 and Meadow Noonan 32:48:02.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- This marked the last collegiate race for Carmigniani and Noonan.
- The Abbey Course is also the site for the NCAA Championships on November, 19.
Lynn's season comes to the end after posting one of the best years in program history. For more information on log on to LynnFightingKnights.com.