Daytona Beach, Fla. – Rookie standout Kate Fisher once again led the way for the Lynn University cross country team, placing sixth overall to lead the squad to a fifth-place finish at the Asics Embry-Riddle Classic on Saturday morning.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Embry-Riddle XC Course | Daytona Beach, Fla.
Race Length: 5K – 3.1 miles
History at Event: Second appearance; Best finish (Last appearance: Seventh place, 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- For the second time in as many races, Fisher topped the leaderboard for the Fighting Knights as she recorded a sixth-place finish overall out of 100 competitors with a time of 19:39.0.
- Alexandra Jones placed second on the team and 20th overall on the day, crossing the line with a time of 21:23.68.
- Darby Watts finished third on the team in her first collegiate race, clocking in with a time of 22:51.61.
- Natalie Beck and Emily Glass rounded out the competitors for Lynn, running times of 23:12.61 and 26:04.32, respectively.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Fisher, Jones and Watts each raced in their first collegiate 5K race on the day.
- With a time of 19:39.09, Fisher posted the fourth-fastest 5K time in program history.
- The fifth-place finish overall was the third consecutive for the Fighting Knights, as they recorded a pair of fifth-place finishes to open the season.
- Sunshine State Conference foes Saint Leo and Embry-Riddle were the only NCAA Division II programs to finish ahead of the Blue and White, taking first and second overall.
- Lynn competed in this race in place of the FIT Invitational, which was cancelled on Sept. 9 due to Hurricane Irma.
The Blue and White are back in action on Sept. 29 when they travel to Charlotte, North Carolina, for the Royal Challenge.