BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University women's cross country program opened its 2018 season with a sixth-place finish on Friday evening, competing at the FAU Invitational at South County Park in Boca Raton. Emily Christensen topped the charts for Lynn, placing 32nd overall out of more than 100 runners.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: South County Regional Park | Boca Raton, Florida
Race Length: 5K – 3.1 miles
History at Event: Fourth appearance (Best finish – 3rd place, 2015)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Christensen's time of 20:34.64 was the fastest on the team for the Fighting Knights and was fourth among Sunshine State Conference runners competing in the event.
- Taryn Super finished second on the team and 40th overall with a time of 20:55.26 in her first-ever race for Lynn.
- Chase Yoder was the third Fighting Knight to cross the line with a time of 20:57.47, while Sydney Parks was close behind with a time of 21:15.97.
- Alexandra Jones rounded out Lynn's top five, posting a time of 21:24.65 to finish in the top half of the field.
- Darby Watts and Natalie Beck placed 52nd and 55th, respectively, while Lauren Leckenby claimed 63rd place.
- Emily Glass posted a time of 22:41.86 to set a personal record, and Elizabeth Erbe and Rachel Ramirez finished back-to-back just eight seconds apart.
- Mandi Cohen and Gabrielle Morelli were another pair of back-to-back finishers, as Cohen posted a personal-best time of 23:31.68 while Morelli clocked in at 23:38.90 in her first collegiate race.
- Amanda Hennessey, Jayden Reece, Angela Kashkimbayeva, Arianna Spencer, Lynn Whalen, Aubrie Parker and Megan Selfridge also competed in the event for the Blue and White.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Cohen's personal record shaved nearly three minutes off her previous personal-best time of 26:14.7.
- Glass cut more than a full minute off her previous personal record of 23:45.6 in a 5K race.
- Lynn was the top SSC school at the meet, besting Nova Southeastern (7th) and Palm Beach Atlantic (8th).
Lynn is on the trail again on Sept. 15 when they travel to Alabama for the Falcon Invite at Montevallo.