Montevallo, Ala. – Lynn University's women's cross country team took seventh place out of 22 teams on Saturday morning at the University of Montevallo's Falcon Classic. In her first ever collegiate meet, freshman Emannuelle Le Tertre finished ninth overall with a time of 18:58.04, the third-best 5k time in program history.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Results: 7th out of 22 teams
Location: University of Montevallo | Montevallo, Ala.
Race Length: 5K – 3.1 miles
History at Event: First-ever appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn earned a score of 223, which was eight points behind host and sixth-place Montevallo. The Fighting Knights finished fourth among 10 Division II teams, behind Lee (2nd), Columbus St. (5th) and Montevallo (6th).
- Mississippi State, a Division I program, claimed first-place overall with two individual runners finishing in the top five.
- Behind Le Tertre, Ally Jones crossed the finish line next in a time of 20:41.39, 48th overall and second among the 12 runners for the Blue and White.
- Taryn Super finished 20 seconds behind Jones (21:01.52) to place 60th overall.
- Natalie Beck (21:15.63) and Chase Yoder (21:40.32) finished 68th and 76th respectively out of the 195 racers.
- Darby Watts (21:54.40) and Elizabeth Erbe (22:59.94) rounded out the point scorers for the Blue and White, taking 84th and 124th overall.
- Rounding out the Lynn contingent was Lauren Leckenby (23:21.94), Rachel Ramirez (23:22.41), Jayden Reece (23:59.88), Mandi Cohen (24:03.96) and Emily Glass (24:47.39).
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Le Tertre was one of four Division II runners to finish inside the top-10 individually.
- In her first race as a Fighting Knight, LeTertre marked one of the fastest 5k times in program history. She passed Sarah Northup's time of 19:07.7, which has been in the books since 2014.
- Kate Fisher remains the top 5k runner with a record time of 17:54.0, set last season. Gabriella Wuyke's 18:44.3 in 2013 still stands as second-fastest.
The Fighting Knights are back in action Friday, Oct. 12, at the Royal Challenge in Charlotte, N.C.