Daytona Beach, Fla. - Lynn University's women's cross country team took fifth place out of nine teams on Saturday morning at the Sunshine State Conference Championship, the first top-five SSC Championship finish in program history. Emannuelle Le Tertre placed eighth overall, the fourth top-10 individual finish at the SSC Championship in the program's history.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Embry-Riddle Cross Country Course | Daytona Beach, Fla.
Race Length: 6k – 3.73 miles
History at Event: Placed sixth in 2017
Finish – 5th out of nine teams
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Lynn earned a score of 150 and finished with a total time of 2:03:11. Tampa won the race with a score of 53, three points ahead of Embry-Riddle. Saint Leo rounded out the top-three with a score of 71.
• Le Tertre was the first Fighting Knight to cross the finish line and placed eighth overall with a time of 22:49.99.
• Alexandra Jones recorded a time of 23:27.52 and placed 19th out of the 83 SSC runners.
• Natalie Beck crossed the finish line with a time of 25:22.07 to finish 45th overall.
• Emily Christensen (25:36.72) and Taryn Super (25:54.62) completed the top-five for the Blue and White to take 45th and 51st place respectively.
• Darby Watts and Chase Yoder finished with times of 26:28.03 and 26:47.24 to round out the scorers for Lynn.
• Emily Glass (26:47:24), Jayden Reece (27:20.22), Rachel Ramirez (27:47.15) and Lauren Leckenby (28:34.77) were the next runners to cross the finish line for the Blue and White.
• Gabby Morelli (30:00.62), Angela Kashkimbayeva (30:28.48), Maddie Wells (30:55.26), Aubrie Parker (30:55.26), Amanda Hennessey (32:02.06), Lynn Whalen (33:35.03) and Megan Selfridge (33:44.85) closed out the race for the Fighting Knights.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
• Glass, Hennessey, La Tertre, Kashkimbayeva, Morelli, Parker, Ramirez, Reece, Selfridge, Super, Wells, Whalen and Yoder all competed in their first career 6k race.
• Leckenby set a 6k PR in the race.
• Le Tertre has finished first out of Lynn's contingent in all four of her races this season. Her eighth-place finish is the best in her career.
• This is the second top-five finish for Lynn this season.
• Sarah Northup (2014) and Gabriella Wuyke (2013, 2014) are the only two other runners to finish in the top-10 for Lynn at the SSC Championship.
The Fighting Knights are back in action when they travel to Lakeland, Fla., on Saturday, Nov. 17, to take part in the NCAA Regionals. For more information, check out LynnFightingKnights.com.