Lakeland, Fla. – Lynn University's women's cross country team took its first top-10 finish at an NCAA Regionals race in program history, placing ninth out of 19 teams Saturday morning at the NCAA Division II South Regional Championship. Emannuelle Le Tertre placed seventh overall, the second Fighting Knight in program history to finish inside the top-10 at the race.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Race Length: 6k – 3.73 miles
History at Event: Sixth appearance (Placed 14th in 2017)
Finish – 9th out of 19 teams
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn earned a score of 295 and finished with a total time of 2:01:59. Sunshine State Conference foe, Embry-Riddle, finished with a score of 78 to take first overall in the race, followed by Union (112) and Lee (120), who rounded out the top three.
- The Argonauts of West Florida finished 22 points behind the Fighting Knights to close out the top-10 teams in the race.
- Le Tertre, recently named SSC Freshman of the Year, finished with a team-best time of 22:09.29 to place seventh overall.
- Alexandra Jones recorded a time of 23:40.89 and placed 47th out of the 130 runners.
- Natalie Beck (24:34.17) rounded out the top three for Lynn to finish 63rd overall.
- Taryn Super (25:15.61) and Emily Christensen (26:18.86) rounded out the top five for the Blue and White to secure 81st and 105th place, respectively.
- Emily Glass (26:55:04) and Jayden Reece (27:02.60) finished within 10 seconds of one another and placed 114th and 115th overall to complete Lynn's contingent.
- Embry-Riddle's Sarah Edens finished first overall in the race with a time of 21:18.61, 50.3 seconds ahead of Lynn's Le Tertre. Edens also won the SSC Championship.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Le Tertre's time of 22:09.29 is the best 6k time in program history. She beat the previous record (Gabriella Wuyke, 22:35.0, 2013) by 15.7 seconds.
- The ninth-place finish is the best in program history for the Blue and White at the NCAA Regionals.
- The only other runner from Lynn to finish in the top-10 was Wuyke who placed third overall in 2013 with a time of 22:50.10.
- Le Tertre, Beck, Super, Christensen and Reece all finished better than they did at the SSC Championship two weeks ago.
- Beck finished 42 seconds better than her time at the event last year (25:16.49).
- This is the second time that all five of the scoring runners for Lynn have finished in the top-100 (2017).
- The team's time of 2:01.59 is the best finish at the race in program history. Last season, they finished with a time of 2:03.22.