Melbourne, Fla. – Lynn University's women's cross country program finished fourth at its season-opening meet, the Florida Tech Invitational, on Saturday morning.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Wickham Park | Melbourne, Fla.
Race Length: 5k – 3.11 miles
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn totaled 106 points, finishing behind SSC foes Saint Leo (16), Nova Southeastern (42) and Palm Beach Atlantic (82).
- Newcomer Hannah Bruckmayer led the Fighting Knight women with a 12th place finish, notching a time of 20:36.38 in her first-ever collegiate race.
- Chase Yoder joined Bruckmayer inside the top-25, posting a mark of 21:10.94 to claim 21st.
- Taryn Super and Payton Yoder were the third and fourth members of the Blue and White to cross the finish line with times of 21:44.98 and 22:14.38, respectively.
- The final three Fighting Knights with counted scores finished within seconds of each other as Emily Christensen, Donya Dreibelbis and Ally Jones made up Lynn's top-7.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Lynn finished 10th at the 2016 Florida Tech Invitational and 2nd at the 2018 FT Invite. The race was cancelled due to weather conditions in 2017.
- In total, four Fighting Knights competed for the first time in their collegiate careers.
Lynn will compete in the Mountain Dew Invitational, which features several Division-I programs next Saturday, September 14 in Gainesville, Fla.