Gainesville, Fla. – Lynn University's women's cross country program competed at the prestigious Mountain Dew Invitational, hosted by the University of Florida, on Saturday morning, finishing 20th in a combined field of Division-II and Division-I teams.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Mark Bostic Golf Course | Gainesville, Fla.
Race Length: 5k – 3.11 miles
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- A trio of Fighting Knights crossed the finish line within seconds of each other as Hannah Bruckmayer (20:33.46), Taryn Super (20:41.39) and Chase Yoder (20:41.61) made up the Blue and White's top-3.
- Lynn's second pack featured Alexandra Jones, Donya Dreibelbis and Payton Yoder, whom all finished between 21:39 and 21:55.
- The Fighting Knights collected a combined team score of 586, finishing ahead of SSC-foes Florida Tech (26th) and Rollins (34th).
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Bruckmayer, Super and Yoder made up Lynn's top-3 for the second-consecutive race.
- Bruckmayer has been the Blue and White's top-finisher in her first two collegiate races, finishing three seconds better than her mark at Florida Tech on Sept. 7.
- This was the women's programs first-ever appearance at the Mountain Dew Invitational.
Lynn will split up its squad for its next competition as some of the Fighting Knights will compete at the Florida Runners Invite on Sept. 27 while a select group will travel to Haggin Oaks, Calif. for the NCAA Pre-Nationals meet on Sept. 28.