Charlotte, N.C. – Lynn University women's cross country team was anchored by Alexandra Jones, the Blue and White's top-finisher at the Royals XC Challenge, hosted by Queens University.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: McAlpine Creek Park | Charlotte, N.C.
Race Length: 5k – 3.11 miles
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Jones' time of 19:37.1 was tops among the Lynn contingent.
- Chase Yoder and Hannah Bruckmayer took the second and third spots for the Fighting Knights, finishing right behind one another with marks of 20:13.0 and 20:18.3, respectively.
- The Blue and White's top-five was closed out by Payton Yoder and Taryn Super.
- Emily Christensen, Jayden Reece and Donya Dreibelbis rounded out Lynn's list of competitors in tonight's women's race.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Jones' mark was her best of the season and just 25 seconds off her personal-best, ran at last year's Royals XC Challenge.
- Yoder recorded a personal-best with her mark while Bruckmayer ran a season-best as well.
Lynn now prepares for the highly-anticipated SSC Championships on Oct. 26, of which the Blue and White will host, for the first time in program history, at South County Regional Park in Boca Raton. Live results and stream will be available via www.lynnfightingknights.com.