Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team fought hard to the last out in its final game of the 2019 season, but couldn't quite complete the comeback, falling to visiting-Palm Beach Atlantic University, 6-5. Byron Murray collected three hits, including two doubles, to pace the Lynn offensive effort.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Finals: PBA 6, Lynn 5
Records: Lynn (20-27, 7-22 SSC), PBA (23-25, 14-16)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 41-31
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Murray finished the day 3-for-4 with a run scored, adding a single and a walk to his two doubles.
- Shayne Fontana racked up two hits, an RBI and two walks, scoring twice in his final game as a Fighting Knight.
- James Buckley also recorded two hits and an RBI in five plate appearances.
- Joe Argumedo produced an RBI single in the ninth to bring Lynn to within one, but the Fighting Knights' next two hitters were retired, leaving runners on second and third in the final frame.
- PBA's three homers were the difference in the game, accounting for five of the six Sailfish runs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn collected 12 hits, one more than PBA's 11, but stranded 12 men on base.
- 9 of the game's 11 runs were scored in the first 4.0 innings.
- Fontana's eight career triples rank tied-fifth all-time.