Innisbrook, Fla. - Lynn University's men's golf team placed fourth out of 15 teams at the Copperhead Championship while Toto Gana tied for fifth individually.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Results: 4th out of 15 teams
Location: Innisbrook Resort – Copperhead Course | Innisbrook, Fla.
History at Event: First appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn shot 292 in the final round for a 54-hole total of 864 and dropped two spots. Florida Southern (857) grabbed the title ahead of West Florida (860) and Nova Southeastern (862) while Lander and Saint Leo (875).
- Toto returned to his early round form, carding an even par 71 behind three birdies, a bogey and one double bogey. He tied for fifth with a three-round score of 214.
- Freshman Jorge Villar logged a 76 on the final day and closed out play with a 216 total to tie for 12th.
- Manuel Torres tied for 20th with a 218.
- Felix Kvarnstrom had the second-best round of the day for the Fighting Knights with a one-over par 72 to end with a 221 total
- Carlos Bustos shot a 225 over the 54-holes.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- This is Gana's first career top-five finish and fourth top-10 finish.
- The Fighting Knights have now logged 25 consecutive top-five team finishes.
- Lynn was second in par 4 scoring (+29), tied for fourth in par 3 scoring (+2) and fourth in both total pars (170) and total birdies (39).
- Gana was tied for fourth in par 3 scoring (-1) and tied for sixth in par 4 scoring (+2) while Villar was tied for fifth in par 5 scoring (-3).
Lynn is back on the links for its final tournament of the fall at the Doral Intercollegiate, hosted at the Doral Golf Club. Fans can keep up with live scoring at LynnFightingKnights.com.