BOCA RATON, Fla. - Lynn University's stayed close with Florida Tech through five innings but a late-inning push gave the Panthers an 8-3 victory in the series opener on Friday afternoon. Victoria Rios gave it her all at the plate, going 4-for-4 with a home run.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Florida Tech 8, Lynn 3
Records: Florida Tech (26-23, 11-11 SSC), Lynn (24-19, 10-9 SSC)
Location: Lynn Softball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 22-45 all-time (last played in 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Rios went 4-for-4 with two runs scored and two runs batted in, including a solo home run.
- Erin Sundook was 3-for-4 at the plate with an RBI.
- Karolina Flores scored the first run for Lynn after a two-out triple. She went 1-for-4.
- Lynn belted 11 hits while Florida Tech logged 12.
- Olexa had a second consecutive rough outing, getting tagged for eight runs, seven earned, on 12 hits with five walks and two strikeouts in 6.1 innings of work.
- Florida Tech's starter, Rachel Pence, allowed three runs on 11 hits with seven Ks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Rios four hits are a career-high and marks the first four-hit game of the season for any member of the Fighting Knights.
- Rios is also tied for the team-lead with five home runs.
- Sundook matched her career-high with three hits.
- Olexa's five walks were a season-high.
These two teams conclude their three-game series with a 1 pm doubleheader. Prior to the start of the game, Lynn University's athletics department and softball coaching staff will honor the team's four seniors: Katelyn Key, Sara Vazquez, Madison White and Leanne Wright. Fans can watch the celebration and the game at LynnFightingKnights.com.