Boca Raton, Fla. – Sarah Baer racked up 20 points and 14 rebounds to lead Lynn University's women's basketball team over the University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon on Monday evening, snapping a two-game losing streak for the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 91, UPR-Bayamon 58
Records: UPR-B (0-4), Lynn (2-2)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 5-3 (last meeting, 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Baer notched a double-double with her 20/14 performance, collecting six of those rebounds on the offensive end.
- Kelsi Fizer and Trinity Edwards joined Baer in double-digits with 10 points each off the bench.
- Lynn outrebounded UPR 41-20, grabbing 15 offensive boards, and converted those into 23 second chance points.
- The Blue and White led comfortably 46-27 at the break and never looked back from there.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- All 11 Lynn players which appeared scored at least two points.
- Lynn's 91 points are the most scored in a victory since a triple-OT win at Fla. Southern on Feb. 13, 2010.
- Baer now has three double-digit games and two double-doubles in her first four games as a Fighting Knight.
- Edwards' 10 points are a season-high and, for Fizer, that is the first game she has scored in double-digits this year.
Lynn will hit the road for its first test away from home this season, a rematch with Benedict College on Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 4 p.m.