SAINT PETERSBURG, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team fell on the road to the Eckerd College Tritons 69-55 on Saturday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score:EC 69, Lynn 55
Records: Lynn (8-5, 3-2 SSC), EC (8-3, 4-1 SSC)
Location: McArthur Center | Saint Petersburg, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 26-21 (Last meeting, 2019)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Sarah Baer scored a team-high 11 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, adding three steals.
- Uloma Enyogasi matched Baer with 11 points, collecting five rebounds and three steals.
- Eckerd went up 22-10 at the end of the first quarter and led for over 36 minutes.
- The Tritons shot 50.9 percent from the field and 40.0 percent from three, making 8-of-20 attempts.
- Lynn made a late surge, going on a 14-2 run to close the game.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The loss snaps a six-game win streak for the program, its most consecutive games won since 2009.
- Baer now has scored in double-figures in 11 of 13 games and has racked up six double-doubles on the season.
Lynn continues the heart of its SSC schedule with a home tit against Nova Southeastern at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 8.