BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team fell short to Sunshine State Conference foe Palm Beach Atlantic on Wednesday night, 3-1. Felicia Silveira had the lone goal for the Blue and White, the first of her Lynn career.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Palm Beach Atlantic 3, Lynn 1
Records: PBA (5-4-2, 1-3-1 SSC), Lynn (3-7-0, 1-4-0 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 13-4-2 all-time
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Kylie Meola scored the first goal of the game in the 9th minute of play for PBA. The game was scoreless for the rest of the first half.
- Silveira scored in the 49th minute for the Fighting Knights off of a cross from the right side of the field from Morgan Meltzer. The goalie got a hand on the cross but Silveira put the one-timer into the back of the net.
- Kylee Rullo and Karina Williams scored for PBA in the 70th and 87th minute, respectively, to close out the game for the Sailfish.
- Lynn outshot PBA, 27-13. The Blue and White had 11 shots in the first half and 16 in the second.
- Lynn had five corner kicks compared to PBA's one.
- There were five yellow cards in the match, two on Lynn and three on PBA.
- Madison Chiola saved a career-high 14 shots for the Sailfish. Gabriela Lopez tied her career-high with seven saves in her first start since Sept. 5 for the Fighting Knights.
- Eight out of the 11 starters for Lynn attempted shot, seven of them had a shot-on-goal.
- Donish Henry-Cole, Emily Weisberg, Monica Rojas, Silveira and Meltzer all had multiple shots-on-goal for the Blue and White.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- 27 shots are the most in a game this season for Lynn and the most since the team shot 42 at home against Ave Maria on Oct. 23, 2017.
- 27 shots are also the most allowed by PBA this season and the most allowed by the Sailfish since Oct. 17, 2016, against Florida Tech (31).
- Two yellow cards are the most for the Blue and White this season, while this is the second time PBA has had three in a match in 2018.
- This was the first goal of Silveira's two-year Blue and White career. Four shots is also a career-high for the senior.
- This is the fourth time Henry-Cole has had four or more shots in a match this season. Her career high is six shots in a game.
- Five shots are the most for Rojas this season -- her previous high was two.
- Meltzer also logged a career-high four shots and recorded her third career assist.
- All three freshmen goalies have three or more starts for the Blue and White this season.
- This is only the third game of the season for Lynn with a margin of two goals or more.
The Fighting Knights are back in action on Saturday, Oct. 6, at 6 p.m. when the team hosts Saint Leo at Bobby Campbell Stadium.