BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University swimming team was overmatched by No. 3 Nova Southeastern on Friday evening, dropping a dual meet by a final score of 165.5-39.5. Catalina Berraud-Galea came in under the NCAA B-Standard in the 1650-yard freestyle, placing second in the event with a time of 17:33.43.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Score: Nova Southeastern 165.5, Lynn 39.5
Location: McCusker Pool Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn's 400-yard medley relay team of Laia Coma, Fatimah Westbrook, Sarah Hughes and Sarah Nichols checked in at 4:00.21, eight seconds behind NSU's pace of 3:52.10.
- Berraud-Galea battled to a second-place finish in the 1650-yard freestyle, climbing back in the late stages of the race to overtake Madison Yelle for the No. 2 spot in the race.
- Megan Carlson placed second in the 200-yard freestyle for the Blue and White, missing out on the top spot by less than three seconds.
- Westbrook cruised her way to a second-place finish in the 50-yard freestyle, clocking in less than a second behind the leader and narrowly missing out on the NCAA B-Standard time.
- Hughes nearly came away with a victory in the 200-yard individual medley, but came up .01 seconds behind the event winner, Courtney DeVeny.
- In the 200-yard butterfly, Samar Khacha was Lynn's top finisher in a tie for third place at 2:12.20.
- Nova Southeastern took the top three spots in the 100-yard freestyle, but Westbrook and Nichols place back-to-back in fourth and fifth.
- Coma took second place in the 200-yard backstroke, outlasting third-place finisher Hannah Pariseault by less than 0.25 seconds at 2:13.04.
- In the 500-yard freestyle, Berraud-Galea once again led Lynn's distance swimmers with a fourth-place time of 5:18.67.
- Hughes once again game NSU and run for its money in the 200-yard breaststroke, but Malin Westman held off Hughes for the top spot. Hughes finished the event with a time of 2:25.65.
- The Sharks rounded out the day with a resounding victory in the 200-yard freestyle relay, taking each of the top three spots. Lynn's top team of Carlson, Kasey Swartley, Berraud-Galea and Tatiana St. Juste finished with a time of 1:44.63.
Lynn returns to the pool when it travels to Savannah, Georgia, for the SCAD Invitational on Thursday, Nov. 30.