Lawrenceville, Ga. – Lynn University's women's tennis team appeared to be on its way to a clean 9-0 victory at the Georgia Gwinnett College Grizzly Spring Break Invitational on Friday before two injuries plagued the Blue and White in singles play. The top-ranked Fighting Knights still posted a strong 7-2 win over North Georgia in a neutral-site matchup.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, North Georgia 2
Records: #1 Lynn (7-1), North Georgia (7-2)
Location: GGC Tennis Facility | Lawrenceville, Ga.
All-Time Series: First-ever meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn started off the match with three quick wins in doubles play.
- Diana Bogolii and Klaudia Boczova won at the top flight, 8-1, Natalie Kallmunzerova and Eliska Petrackova teamed up for an 8-2 triumph at No. 2 with Anastacia Parkin and Eleonora Liga rounding out the pairs sweep with an 8-3 win at No. 3.
- In singles, Boczova controlled the top flight in a 6-2, 6-1 victory.
- Petrackova and Liga both posted 6-1, 6-1 wins at the four and five spots, respectively.
- Parkin picked up Lynn's last point at No. 6 singles, 6-1, 6-3.
- Neither the No. 2 or No. 3 singles bouts made it more than three games in before both Lynn players retired.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Both of North Georgia's losses this year came against the only two ranked opponents they have faced.
- Today was Lynn's first neutral site match of the season.
The Fighting Knights are right back at it tomorrow, March 10, when they take on tournament host Georgia Gwinnett College.