BOCA RATON, Fla. - Lynn University's volleyball team put up a fight but could not top Tampa, falling to the eighth-ranked team in the country 3-0 on Friday night. Rafaela Fonseca led all players with 13 kills.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa 3, Lynn 0 (25-18, 25-12, 25-20)
Records: Tampa (14-1, 7-0 SSC), Lynn (8-6, 2-5 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports & Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn trails 42-3 (went 1-1 in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Fonseca led all players in the game with 13 kills on a .265 hitting percentage while rounding out the double-double with a game-high 12 digs.
- The tandem of Biatriz Souza Berti and Isadora Nicolai combined for 25 assists.
- Sonja Udovcic was second on the team with six kills and tied with Marine Kinna with six digs.
- The Fighting Knights collected two aces.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Fonseca was the only player to log double-digits in kills for either team.
- Lynn's 39 digs were the fewest of the season while the two total blocks tied for a season-low.
- The Blue and White's three-match home winning streak against the Spartans was halted.
- Lynn held Tampa to a .200 team hitting percentage in the third set, only the 13th time out of 55 sets this season the Spartans were held to a .200 or worse percentage.
Lynn is back on the court for another Sunshine State Conference tilt when it hosts Rollins on Saturday, Sept. 29, at 4 p.m. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.