BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University volleyball has had very few obstacles in Sunshine State Conference play, one of them was Tampa they took care of that on Friday night. The other was Saint Leo, and following a 3-0 sweep the Fighting Knights avenged that loss. The victory was their 10th in a row, which ties the program record for the most consecutive wins.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Saint Leo 0 (25-20, 25-23, 25-17)
Records: Lynn (23-4, 14-2), Saint Leo (18-10, 9-8)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails the all-time series 14-29
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Fresh off a 20 kill outing, Marine Kinna nearly reached that mark again with 19, a match-high.
- Sonja Udovcic was outstanding with 15 kills and 13 digs.
- Biatriz Souza Berti came one dig shy of a double-double and added 41 assists.
- Ruth Zijlstra posted a match-high 17 digs.
- Lynn hit over .300 again, notching a .325 mark.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Souza Berti has now posted at least 30 assists in 13-straight matches.
INSIDE THE STREAK
- During the 10 consecutive wins, Lynn has only had to play more than three sets four times and never more than four.
- They earned season sweeps of Palm Beach Atlantic, Barry, Rollins, and Nova Southeastern.
- The Fighting Knights have actually won 12 of their last 13.
- They haven't lost an SSC match since October 5.
Lynn closes out its home schedule with a pair of matches at the end of the week. First is a Friday match against Eckerd. That match is part of the adidasChallenge and will have a start time of 6 p.m. The Fighting Knights will be looking to sweep the Tritons and establish a new program long winning streak.